Music Curriculum Intent
At Thorpe Primary School our vision for music is to develop creativity, confidence and emotional well-being. We want children to be exposed to and learn to love different styles of music to engage and inspire them. We also aim to help the children to develop a critical engagement with music allowing them to compose, and listen with discrimination.
- Through our teaching in music, we want to enable children to perform, compose and evaluate in line with the KS1 and KS2 National Curriculum.
- Build the children's confidence to enable them to perform in small groups and eventually to larger ones, using their voices or instruments.
- As they progress through school, composing becomes an important element of their musical education, allowing them to express their own ideas and creativity.
- Enable the children to evaluate their own work and that of others, highlighting their own preferences and unique style.
- Create opportunities for every child to access a range of musical outlets, encouraging children to push themselves to access new experiences.
Chrome Music Lab is a website that makes learning music more accessible through fun, hands-on experiments.