Computing Curriculum Intent
- At Thorpe Primary School our vision for computing is to provide children with the skills to think critically, analyse and evaluate problems and become responsible and confident users of information and communication technology.
- Children will learn how to apply the fundamental principles of computer science, to understand how to use the internet safely and responsibly and to use information technology to express themselves and develop their ideas.
- We will create opportunities for children to write computer programs and use their analytical skills to evaluate and solve problems.
- Children will become digitally literate, able to use information and communication technology at a level suitable for the future workplace and as active participants in a digital world.
- A large focus of our computing curriculum is to ensure all children understand e-safety and are able to recognise acceptable and unacceptable behaviours and understand how they can report concerns about content and contact.