Year 6 - Amethyst Class
This term, the fantastic graphic novel The Arrival will be the class text throughout KS2.
The Arrival tells the moving story of an immigrant in a series of wordless pictures that seem to come from a strange and distant past.
In Maths we will be looking at Place Value.
- Using negative numbers in context and calculating intervals across zero
- Reading, writing, ordering and comparing numbers up to 10, 000,000 and determining the value of each digit
- Identifying, representing and estimating numbers
- Reading, writing, ordering and comparing numbers up to 10,000,000 and determine the value of each digit
- Rounding whole numbers to a required degree of accuracy
- Identifying number values to three decimal places and multiplying and dividing numbers by 10, 100 and 1000.
In Geography we will be doing a Field Study of our school and the local area.
In History we will be looking at Ancient Mayan Civilization.
In Science we will be looking at Animals including Humans, focusing on the circulatory system.