Year 2 - Emerald Class
Year 2 will be looking at Place Value in September.
In Geography, Year 2 will be doing a field work topic based all around our school.
- Identifying and describing the main human and physical features of our local area
- Using simple compass directions (North, South, East and West) and locational and directional language (near and far; left and right) to describe the features of a map
- Devising a simple map and a key using basic symbols
- Studying the geography of the school and its grounds and the key human and physical features of the surrounding area.
In History, Year 2 will be doing all about Transport.
- The development of travel and transport throughout history
- Consolidating understanding of chronology through using timelines and making comparisons between old and new forms of transport
- Early travel methods of the Vikings, through to the invention of cars, trains and aeroplanes
- George Stephenson and the Wright brothers.
In Science, Year 2 will be looking at animals including humans.
• Identify and name a variety of common animals including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals
• Identify and name a variety of common animals that are carnivores, herbivores and omnivores
• Describe and compare the structure of a variety of common animals (fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, including pets)
• Identify, name, draw and label the basic parts of the human body and say which part of the body is associated with each sense.