PTA - Friends of Thorpe
Chair - Hayley Barrick
Vice-Chair - Stephanie Keenan
Secretary - Hayley Davison
Treasurer - Kim McGroarty
To advance the education of the pupils in the school by:
- Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school
- Engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment for the school
- Organising events such as discos, entertainment evenings, family fun days, raffles, Christmas fairs, fashion shows, car boots etc. These events provide a framework to develop relations with staff, parents and others as well as providing fun and social activities.
- Raising funds via events and other venues, match funding and applying for grants.
- Holding regular meetings (usually 2 per month in term time) and an Annual General Meeting (usually in January)
We have a committed and hard working team. If you are a parent/guardian/friend of the school and would like to help out, then please talk to us in the playground – we are a friendly bunch! Don't worry if you can only spare an hour or help on one occasion, we understand that everyone has different commitments.
Please pass on any great ideas or if you can get regular donations through your employers or contacts, we would love to benefit!!
If you want to check out what we are up to then join our Facebook group 'PTA at Thorpe Primary' or email us firstname.lastname@example.org' to be added to our mailing list. (If you wish to join the Facebook group, please message or email us letting us know how you are connected with the school, as we get a lot of requests to join from fake/spam accounts).